Add biometric (fingerprint) authentication in the Wellness app
The Wellness app now supports device-level biometric authentication, which you can use instead of manually entering your 4-digit PIN.
Turn on biometric authentication in the Wellness app
- Confirm your device's operating system supports biometric authentication:
— Android: requires version 126.96.36.199 or higher.
— iOS: requires version 2.0.7 or higher (for Face ID + Touch ID).
- Install the latest version of the Walmart Wellness app.
- Sign in and manually enter your 4-digit PIN.
- You should see a prompt to Allow biometrics.
- Tap Continue.
- Tap Ok or Enable when prompted.
- You now have biometric authorization enabled!
If your device supports biometrics, but the feature is disabled:
- Go to your device's Settings app (outside of the Wellness app).
— Android: Locate the security or biometrics menu and toggle biometrics to ON.
— iOS: Go to Settings > Face ID & Passcode.
Turn off biometric authentication in the Wellness app
If you previously turned on biometrics and wish to turn it off:
- Open the Walmart Wellness app.
- Confirm the biometric authorization request.
- Tap the profile icon (top left).
- Tap Settings (bottom of the list).
- Scroll down and tap enable biometrics to sign in to toggle the feature to OFF.
(You can repeat these steps to toggle the feature back to ON at any time.)