I see an error: "We couldn't verify your identity"
If you receive an error message while trying to verify your online pharmacy account, follow the troubleshooting guide below.
Error: "Sorry...We couldn't verify your identity with the information you provided."
Error: "Account Creation Failed. Sorry, we couldn't verify your identity. You can try again in 24 hours."
Step 1: Review your personal info
All personal info entered must match local pharmacy records (and credit bureau reporting).
- Review and correct any mismatched personal info.
- Try the verification process 1 more time.
(To prevent account locking, do not attempt more than twice in 24 hours.)
- If the error continues, follow Step 2 below.
Step 2: Contact customer care
- Call 1-800-WALMART.
- Select Option 1 on your phone keypad.
- Say "Pharmacy account" after the automated voice prompt.
- Ask for "help verifying your Walmart Pharmacy account".
- Be ready to provide the following details over the phone:
- Walmart sign-in email
- Legal name (as shown on your photo ID)
- Date of birth
- Phone number
- Current address
- Walmart Pharmacy Rx number (found on your Rx bottle or package)
- If the error continues, follow step 3 below. You will need to verify in person at your local store.
Step 3: Verify in person at your local store
- Visit your local Walmart Pharmacy store.
- Ask the pharmacist to validate your online pharmacy account at the store.
- Show your photo ID to confirm your name and date of birth.
- Provide your Walmart sign-in email.
- If the pharmacist is able to create your online account, you will receive an email with instructions to finish verification.
- Check your email account and open the email from Walmart Pharmacy.
- Click the link in the email.
- Sign in to your Walmart account.
- Verify your account details once more to verify your online account.