Troubleshoot error: "We couldn't verify your identity"
If you receive an error message while trying to verify your online pharmacy account, follow the troubleshooting guide below.
Error: "Sorry...We couldn't verify your identity with the information you provided."
Error: "Account Creation Failed. Sorry, we couldn't verify your identity. You can try again in 24 hours."
Step 1: Review your personal info
All personal info entered must match local pharmacy records (and credit bureau reporting).
- Review and correct any mismatched personal info.
- Try the verification process 1 more time.
(To prevent account locking, do not attempt more than twice in 24 hours.)
- If the error continues, follow Step 2 below.
Step 2: Contact customer care
- Call 1-800-WALMART.
- Select Option 1 on your phone keypad.
- Say "Pharmacy account" after the automated voice prompt.
- Ask the agent for "help creating your online pharmacy account".
- Provide the following info:
- Legal name (as shown on your photo ID).
- Walmart sign-in email.
- Phone number.
- Current address (and previous address).
- Rx # (from your Walmart Pharmacy prescription label).
- If the error continues, follow step 3 below. You will need to verify in person at your local store.
Step 3: Verify in person at your local store
- Visit your local Walmart Pharmacy store.
- Ask the pharmacy to "verify your identity" with the "Online Pharmacy" button in their store system.
- Confirm that you already completed online troubleshooting and phone support.
- Show your photo ID to confirm your name and date of birth.
- Provide your Walmart sign-in email.
- When prompted, sign the signature pad to confirm your sign-in email.
- You should now receive an email with instructions to finish verification.
- Check your email account and open the email from Walmart Pharmacy.
- Click the link in the email.
- Sign in to your Walmart account.
- Create a PIN number (remember this for future sign-in).
If the error continues after visiting your local pharmacy store:
- Ask your pharmacy store to open a case with their Field Support team for technical help.