Wellness App Data Export FAQ & Help Guide
Why did the Wellness app go away?
- The new Walmart app now supports managing both Health & Wellness needs and shopping—all in one place.
- The Walmart Wellness App retired on January 31, 2023 and is no longer available to install or operate. If you had an active Wellness app account prior to this date, you can download your data by following the steps below.
How to download my Wellness app data export
To download an export of the data saved in your Wellness app account, follow the steps below:
- Visit the Wellness Data Export Site (available until January 31, 2024).
- Sign in with your Wellness app registered email address.
(Pharmacy customers will also be asked to enter a 4-digit PIN.)
- Download your Wellness app data file to a secure location.
A desktop or laptop computer is recommended to download your data export, as the .ZIP file contents may be too large to open on a mobile device.
Which Wellness app features are available in the Walmart app?
- Manage, track and order Walmart Pharmacy prescription refills.
- Access information about our Pharmacy services and other Health & Wellness offerings.
(We’re working on adding more Health & Wellness features to improve the experience in the future.)
What are the important dates I should know about?
- January 30, 2023 – Last day for the fully functioning Walmart Wellness App
- January 31, 2023 – The Wellness App is no longer available for use
- Jan 31, 2023 to mid-February – Wellness app data becomes available for download on the Wellness Data Export Site.
- January 31, 2024 – The last day to download Wellness app data exports.
How do I delete my Wellness app data?
We are required to retain Health & Wellness-related customer data for 6 years, so we are unable to delete account data by request. We can provide a copy of your data by request – simply navigate to this site to access an export of your data for download. For any other data-related requests, please visit this site, complete the appropriate form and return the completed form to your local Walmart or Sam's Club Pharmacy, Vision Center/Optical location or mail the form to the address provided.
Pharmacy Customer and Prescription Orders
How do I view and refill my Walmart Pharmacy prescriptions?
You can view and refill your Walmart pharmacy prescriptions in two places:
- Sign in to the Walmart app: Tap Services (at the bottom), then scroll down and tap the Pharmacy box.
- Sign in to the Walmart Pharmacy website on your computer or mobile device.
- Need more help? Visit How to access pharmacy prescriptions online.
Note: Any prescriptions previously added to the Wellness app that are not managed by Walmart Pharmacy will not be visible in the Walmart app or Walmart Pharmacy website.
Follow How to download my Wellness app data export at the top of this article for instructions on how to save a copy of your Wellness app medication list.
How can I confirm the status of my Walmart Pharmacy refill order?
If the status of your order is not appearing in the Walmart app or Walmart Pharmacy website:
- Call your local Pharmacy store.
- Use the automated voice prompt to hear the status of your refill order (or select the option to speak to your pharmacy staff directly for an update).
I placed a pharmacy order in the Wellness app before it retired. Will my order still process?
Yes. Prescription orders previously placed in the Wellness app will process and remain on the timeline provided when you originally placed the order.
Data Export (Download Wellness App Data)
How can I access my Wellness app data?
Follow How to download my Wellness app data export at the top of this article for instructions on how to save a copy of your data.
How long do I have to access and export my data?
Data exports are available until Jan 31, 2024.
What is a .ZIP file, and what kind of information is included?
A .ZIP file contains one or more files in a single folder which has been compressed to take up less space. The .ZIP file with your Walmart Wellness app data will include all relevant account and individual profile data—including medication lists, health tracking data, and journal entries. Here are examples of what may be included in your zip file:
- PDF: Text file of all of your Walmart Wellness app data. (This will look different than how your data appeared in the Wellness app but all saved data is included.)
- CSV: Trackers data for each profile in your account. (Open with Microsoft Excel, Google Sheets, or import into another application).
- JPG: All images you can open with any compatible image software.
How do I access my ZIP file on my phone or tablet?
If you download your data on a mobile device, check your device’s default application for managing files:
iPhone or iPad: Open the blue Files app and search for your Walmart Wellness app data.
- This article provides guidance on how to access your files on an iOS device.
- If you’re having issues opening the zip file, this article provides additional guidance.
Android: Open the default file explorer usually called Files or My files (look for the paper file folder icon).
- This article provides guidance on how to access your files on an Android device.
- If you’re having issues opening the zip file, this article provides additional guidance.
What is the best device to use to download my data?
We recommend using a desktop or laptop computer to download your data, as you will be downloading a large file that can be difficult to access on a mobile device or tablet.
Can I transfer downloaded data from my phone to a computer?
The easiest way to save your data onto a computer is to access the link sent via email on your desktop, or clicking this link directly on a computer after you have requested a data export in the app (note: requesting the export in the app is required before a data file will be available online.)After accessing the site, you can download your data directly to the location where you would like to store it.
If you download your data on a mobile device, you can transfer it to your computer by sending an email to yourself using your preferred email application on your phone. Here’s how:
- Open your email app.
- Compose an email to yourself, and attach your data file(s).
- Open the email on a computer and download the attachment.
If your file size is too large to email, upload the file to a cloud storage service like Google Drive, Dropbox, or iCloud and access it from your computer.
Data Export Download Troubleshooting
I tried to download my data but my export file is not available.
If you did not request your data export in the Wellness app before it retired on January 31, 2023, follow How to download my Wellness app data export at the top of this article to save a copy of your data export now.
Some of my data from the app is missing in my export—what should I do?
You may have created multiple accounts with different email addresses. Try signing into the export site with a different email address that you might have used in the past.
What if the data from one or more of my profiles is not in my data export?
The data contained in your export will be based on the sharing permissions as of 1/31/2023. If you did not have access to a profile that was previously shared with you by another account on that date, the data in the shared profile will not be included in your export.
As of 1/31/23, all exports are now final, and no additional changes can be made to sharing permissions for profiles.
My information, or the information of someone I care for, is saved to someone else's account. How can I download my data?
As of 1/31/23, all exports are now final, and no additional changes can be made to sharing permissions for profiles. Please contact the owner of the profile and ask them to request a download and share the file with you. For privacy and security reasons, if you would like to access your data, but do not have sharing permission granted from the original account owner, you will need to complete the Request to Access Records form and submit your request in writing. To fulfill your request and adequately protect personal health information, four pieces of personal data (e.g., name, date of birth, address, email address, phone number) must be confirmed on both the Request to Access Records form and listed on the Walmart Wellness app account Profile you wish to access. View this help article for instructions on how to add or update the personal information associated with your account.
I am unable to access my information, or the information of someone I care for. How can I download my data?
For privacy and security reasons, if you would like to access your data, but do not have access to your account, you will need to submit a Request to Access Records request. If you are submitting a request as a personal representative of someone you care for, you will also need to provide (1) a valid “ Authorization to Release PHI” form completed and signed by the patient, or (2) a document that verifies your authority to access the patient’s records as the patient’s Personal Representative (e.g., letter or order of guardianship, power of attorney). To fulfill your request and adequately protect personal health information, four pieces of personal data (e.g., name, date of birth, address, email address, phone number) must be confirmed on both the Request to Access Records form and listed on the Walmart Wellness app account Profile you wish to access.
How do I stop sharing a profile that I don't want others to access?
We are now unable to fulfill these requests as of 1/31/23. On this date, we created historical exports for all users leveraging the sharing permissions in force on that date, and we cannot retroactively remove (or add) data from these files.
I work for a business that manages multiple profiles and need help exporting our data.
You will need to follow our standard data export process outlined above. Please allow extra time for file download given the size of the file. Our Terms of Service prohibit the use of the app for commercial purposes, so we are unable to provide any additional support in these instances.
CareZone Customer Troubleshooting
I’m a CareZone user that never migrated to the Wellness app. Can I still access my data?
We are no longer able to provide access to CareZone data. Connecting your CareZone data to an active Walmart Wellness account was required before January 31, 2023 to generate a data export. We are no longer able to create new Walmart Wellness accounts or link Walmart Wellness accounts to CareZone accounts because the Wellness app is decommissioned. The last day to create a Walmart Wellness account was January 30, 2023. Any CareZone accounts not migrated have been deactivated and your personal data removed from our servers. We apologize for any inconvenience.
Sign-in / Account Access Troubleshooting
I forgot or need to reset my password:
Yes. To reset your password, follow the steps outlined here (or visit the password reset website here). If you don’t receive a password reset email in your inbox within a few minutes of your request, check your Spam and Trash folders and add "email@example.com" to your email safe list, then try your password reset again.
If you still need help, call Customer Care at 1-800-WALMART (1-800-925-6278), press 1 for “Walmart.com Order, Online Pickup or Delivery Order” and then say “Pharmacy.”
I cannot access my registered email account. Can I still download my data?
Yes. Access to your registered email account is not required to download an export of your data. Follow How to download my Wellness app data export at the top of this article for instructions.
How do I import my data into another app?
Here are a few options to import your health tracking data into other apps:
- Computer: You can import health tracking data in the CSV file into Microsoft Excel or Google Sheets. Double click on the CSV file (which you can most likely find in the downloads folder) and your computer will open your default spreadsheet application with the data.
- iPhone and iPad: You can import your health tracking data in the CSV file into Apple Health using Health CSV Importer app ($1.99 to install).
- Android devices: You can import your data and view it in Google Sheets, Excel or a similar app. Follow the “How do I access my files on my phone or tablet?” instructions above to open your file.
Still need help?
Call Customer Care at 1-800-WALMART (1-800-925-6278), press 1 for “Walmart.com Order, Online Pickup or Delivery Order” and then say “Pharmacy" after the voice prompt.